Frequently Asked Questions


Q: When is my Court date?

Contact the Juvenile Court Clerk’s Office at 615-862-7980.

Q: What is the number Juvenile Detention Admitting?

The number is 615-862-8066.

Q: Where do I call about a runaway child?

Contact Metro Police @ 615-862-7417 to report a runaway child.

Q: What is the phone number for the District Attorney?

Please call 615-862-5500.

Q:What is the phone number for the Public Defender?

Please call 615-862-5740.

Q: Who is my Probation Officer?

Juvenile Court @ 615-862-8000

Q: Where do I go to file for temporary custody of a child?

Juvenile Court @ 615-862-8000

Q: Child support questions?

Click here for Tennessee Child Support Services. Child Support Payment Hotline: (615) 253-4394 (local) or 1-800-838-6911 (toll free). You may also call 615-862-7984 and ask the Clerk’s Office to look up your account. Note: the Clerk’s office can only provide information on payments made at the Clerk’s Office.

Q: Who do I call regarding Orders of Protection?

Davidson County General Sessions Court @ 615-862-5195
Davidson County Circuit Court @ 615-862-5181
Davidson County Juvenile Court @ 615-862-8000

Q. What is Title VI? Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 protects people from discrimination based on race, color, and national origin in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance.

If you have a Title VI inquiry or complaint, please contact the Human Relations Commission at 615-880-3370 or click here.

Q: Can I talk to the Judge?

The Code of Judicial Conduct and Ethics prevents a Judge from talking about a case. You may contact Judge Calloway’s Administrative Assistant @ 615-862-8073.

Q: How do I check the status of my Tennessee Driver’s License?

Click here for Tennessee Department of Safety.

Q: How do I apply for an internship with Juvenile Court?

Click here to access our online application for internship.